Working and living in a fast paced city, we often forget to sit and enjoy a moment. Kelli Freshman, of Kelli Freshman Photography, is here to help not only enjoy the moment, but capture it too. We sat down with Kelli to learn more about her style of photography, current projects, and her favorite shots to take.
1. You are a freelance photographer. Can you describe your specific style of photography?As a portrait photographer, my style can be characterized as a blend of storytelling and artistic expression. I strive to capture authentic moments that convey emotions in the photos I take. My approach utilizes natural light and candid interactions, resulting in photographs that feel genuine and unposed. I love to convey joy in my photos, which comes from the wonderful people I get to photograph!
2. Are there any exciting new projects you are working on right now?
Since starting my business about 5 months ago, I’ve had the privilege to work with a lot of exciting people and businesses such as Downtown Alliance, OC Tanner and Thanksgiving Point and quite a few people from The Shop! With multiple projects in the works, I’m excited to continue photographing headshots, events and branding sessions.
3. What is your favorite part about working at The Shop?
My favorite thing about working at The Shop is the strong sense of community. It’s a lively place with diverse people from different fields. The focus on collaboration is great. There are events, workshops, and chats that help me connect with others.
The design of The Shop itself is another obvious perk, especially as a photographer. Beauty all around, natural light and a rooftop where I’ve spent many hours meditating, brainstorming and just taking a breather.
Also, free (really good) coffee. That one can be dangerous.dogs!Last, but not least – the
4. How has working at The Shop benefited your overall workflow?
Coming from working three years from home, working at The Shop has changed my business and productivity in more ways that I expected. Once I was able to create a routine, I found a real groove in my work days, which has enabled me to meet and exceed goals that I set for myself. Being away from my home allows me to forget about the laundry and dishes, freeing my mind to be creative and push hard during the day – the laundry and dishes are always right where I left them!environment helps me create a routine with minimal distractions, a variety of places to sit and work, clear my mind or socialize for a minute. Having other people working nearby helps give me a sense of accountability for getting projects done. It’s a priceless perk for me.Another important part of making the change to working at The Shop is the help it provides me with working with ADHD. Working in a structured
5. If you could do one photoshoot with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Tough question! I don’t feel specifically drawn to any one person I’d like to photograph, but I do love photographing someone and watching them see the beauty and joy in themselves, sometimes for the first time. So, I guess the answer is everyone. I’d better get started.
Interested in getting a headshot taken? Keep an eye out for the next time Kelli hosts a headshot day out of the space!